The mission of the M.S 254 after school program is to nurture and cultivate the unique qualities of each student through an engaging and empowering curriculum that exposes the students to a multitude of academically enriched arts based and sport based activities.
Our Nine Principles
- Create A Unique, Recognized Tradition.
- Provide a safe, comfortable and accepting space for youth.
- Provide a space that is constantly building healthy relationships.
- Instilling Individuality, Dignity, Self Respect and Respect for others.
- Provide a space that creates an Individual experience based on the youth's diverse Interest.
- Allow the youth to develop self confidence, Integrity and an appreciation for the Arts and Sports.
- Provide a space that will help develop their critical thinking and broaden their minds academically.
- Provide a space that nurtures loving friendships, mentorship and opens young minds to the infinite possibilities.
- Provide a space that gives the youth a voice!
- Homework Assistance
- Recreational Activities
- Art and Design
- Step Dance
- Life Skills
- Fashion 101
- Media/Exploration/ Computers
- Hip Hop